Kokoon Headphones for Sleeping on Kickstarter
Sure, I wear headphones to bed sometimes to watch movies on my iPad...and yes, there are ergonomic issues. I don't sleep with headphones on, or in (in the case of IEMs), but I know people who do. Some sort of trouble is always expressed. Kokoon intends to change all that.
With over a quarter million dollars pledged and over 50 days to go on this fully funded $100,000 ask, Kokoon looks set to go into production on this very unusual feature packed headphone. Unusual characteristics include:
- Ergonomic shape and flexibility for sleeping.
- Passive cooling features improving airflow around the ear.
- EEG sensors to monitor brain wave activity.
- Smartphone app to record and display sleep quality data.
- Smartphone apps to play music in such a way that the music doesn't wake you up.
- Binaural beats app to help induce and control sleep.
Color me interested, I hadn't ever thought about a headphone specifically designed to help you sleep, but I do think it's a damned good idea. Hope it sounds good...Onkyo is in on the design team specifically to help with audio quality. That sounds promising!
Check out their Kickstarter page, or punch the play button on the video below for more info.